Your key to the German speaking world
You take care to write your texts, letters and presentations very thoroughly. However, do you apply the same care to the German version?
Many people picked up some German here and there, but is that sufficient for good translations – for documents, specialized texts, information materials, press releases, brochures or books? It is not enough to form basic sentences by lining up words. That will result in Germish – a blend of German words put together with English grammar. Besides a sound knowledge of vocabulary and grammar, a qualified translation demands a comprehensive knowledge of culture, history and idiomology of the German speaking world as well.
Here I can help you! I do appropriate, high standard translations tailored to the respective target group. Do not miss intricacies between the lines of a client’s text. Make sure, that your text leaves no room for misunderstandings.
By completing numerous successful communication and translation projects during the last 20 years, I gained knowledge in a multitude of industries. These were among others
- Public Relations
- Health Care
- Industrial Goods
- Consumer Goods
Besides being a German native speaker and highly familiar with different versions of the English language, my translations are based on two foundations: experiences in language and culture and an academic education
Language and Culture
- Self-employed translator German – English, English – German
- Experienced as teacher of English for business at different skill levels in adult education
- Certificate “Spoken English for Industry and Commerce” from London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) with distinction
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
- Multiple stays in the United Kingdom
- Temporary residence in the USA
- Master of Business Administration from Münster University and Tongji-University Shanghai, majoring in Marketing
- M.A. in “Anglistics“ from Münster University. Minor subjects “Economy“ and “Geography“
- Basic studies in Medicine
Please call me or send an e-mail. I will answer at the first possible moment.
Markus Richard Spiecker M.A., MBA
T +49 (0)201/43 877 80